Facebook Zero on Android

I’ve been asked by some people on how to access facebook for free on their android mobile phone in the Philippines. Well, you can do this if you have a Sun cellular sim card, using a service called facebook zero.

I did this on my Cherry Mobile Nova, but basically all android phones have similar settings screen.

Facebook Zero is a service by Sun Cellular offered to its subscribers to access the popular social networking site for free (by now). Let us see how to configure this currently free service for android devices.

We need to make sure that the Sun wap APN is configured on the Settings->Wireless & Networks->Mobile network Settings->Access Point Names as shown below:

If its not created yet, let us create a new APN called “Sun GPRS” (screenshot below shows the important settings used for this wap service):

Select this APN for use and on the previous screen, enable Data:

This will let android connect to the wap service. Let us now open the default android browser and type in “0.facebook.com”:

If successful, you will now connect through the browser (through wap) to facebook for FREE. Happy surfing!

CM Flare Users (Karbonn A9+)
The default browser of CM Flare (Opera Mini) doesn’t like Facebook zero. If you want facebook zero working, install the Dolphin Browser App from Google Play. Screenshot of CM Flare running Facebook Zero in Dolphin shown below:

CM Flare

65 comments for “Facebook Zero on Android

1. Andrea
    February 18, 2013 at 7:20 am

Hi guys~! I followed the instructions but I can’t seem to et my CM Thunder to work. Help???

2. vioa
    February 18, 2013 at 10:15 am

^-^

3. jophiels
    March 24, 2013 at 11:05 am

GUYS BAKIT HINDI MA ACTIVATE ANG GPRS KO??

4. Samuel
    April 2, 2013 at 8:17 pm

papaano po ba sa Cherry Mobile Titan?? hindi po kasi ako makagawa ng APN ehh.. pa help naman po.

5. mond
    April 20, 2013 at 2:20 pm

@SAMUEL, na-activate na ba sim mo for sun gprs?? kung di pa text ” ACTIVATE ” then send to 2300

6. maria teresa
    April 21, 2013 at 10:44 pm

di po aq marunong sa cm titan q.. activate na po gprs q..

7. catherine
    April 28, 2013 at 7:39 pm

my flare is work but y sometimes not working smtyms?? wats is free facebook zero is ulways conect ayt? is not dsame the nokia is always have a conect the facebook zero

8. momon
    June 13, 2013 at 8:33 pm

can you please help me about the setting of my CM hyper. Im using sun sim. GPRS activated. I used it before on my BB 9700 bold and the 0 facebook is working but in my hyper i can’t access. please help me. thank you in advance.

9. me
    June 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

sana wag na mag english kung di din naman maiintindihan…
    settings-mobile networks-access point names-sun
    Menu: New APN
    Name: Sun WAP GPRS
    APN: wap
    Proxy: 202.138.159.78
    Port: 8080

10. Kevin
    July 10, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Guys can you help me? i confused , i activated gprs settings on myphone a888 the first message says that i have already activated the gprs then another message from 202 says that they cant set my handset settings, so i tried it manually i see instructions from sun cellular site they dont have instructions for a888 but they have for a919 , so since a919 and a888 are the closest phone settings i followed the instruction , im confused they said i should choose sun minternet, so i tried and i turned data connection on but still no connection then i tried sun gprs still it has no connection… do i missing something?

11. joey
    July 14, 2013 at 5:52 pm

dati naman akong nakakapag 0.fb sa myphone ko, bat ngaun ayaw na. kht mayat mayain ang pagconnect. siguro sa isang linggo isang beses lang nag loload ang home ng 0.fb after nun ayaw na ulit. kht fb10 ayaw din

12. kaven
    July 22, 2013 at 3:15 pm

paano po kung myphone a888 duo

13. a818
    August 4, 2013 at 6:54 pm

bakit ganun gnwa ko nmn ung instruction na nkuha ko, sa kaibigan ko gumana pro sa cp ko ayaw .. tpos kpag ung isang sim ko ung pinili ko sa data connection merun pero kpag ung sun ang pinili ko wala lumalabas sa taas na parang 3g connection ??

14. February 26, 2014 at 5:37 pm