One of the most popular social networking sites today is facebook. As of this time, the social networking site boasts of over 300 million users, which is pretty hard to ignore, considering marketing value.
What makes facebook interesting are its applications; which are mostly user created, and add life to the social networking site.
Here’s how to submit a facebook application to the net:
1. Join as a facebook developer, and on the http://www.facebook.com/developers/ url, click on the Set up new application button
2. On the Create App page, type in the name of your application
3. Take note of the API Key and Secret; you’ll need these later. Fill up the necessary items in the Basic Page.
4. Enter the canvas url (where your application will reside in apps.facebook.com), and the content url where your application is hosted.
5. Press Save, and you’re off to start a brave new world of creating a Facebook Application!
The simplest start for a facebook application looks like this:
$facebook = new Facebook($api_key, $secret);
$user_id = $facebook->require_login();
echo “Hello, $user_id!”;
facebook.php is the facebook php client which you can download in the developers site. You can learn more about the api in the http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/ site.